Corrosion Toolkit (cKit™)
The Corrosion Toolkit (cKit™) was developed in 2005 by the NACE Foundation as a fun and stimulating learning experience for students, as well as hands-on curriculum for high school teachers to challenge, inspire and educate their students on corrosion science and engineering. We recruited our industry’s top corrosion experts to create an engaging way to demonstrate corrosion concepts and principles to high school students. They answered this challenge by designing the cKit™ and gladly donated their time and energy in exchange for the opportunity to be part of this exciting project.
Included in the kits are the basic materials necessary to perform the experiments:
- Alligator Clips
- AA Battery & Battery Holder
- Electrode Set (metal strips of aluminum, copper, lead, magnesium, tin and zinc)
- Digital Voltmeter
- Teachers Guide
- CD-ROM, containing .PDF files of the experiments to use as handouts for your students
In addition, you will also find supplemental information such as:
- A public awareness video on corrosion (airing on affiliated PBS stations in the US)
- A brochure on our Foundation and programs.
- An action-packed comic book adventure which we designed, called “Inspector Protector and the Colossal Corrosion Fighters.”
For more information on how to purchase a cKit™, please visit the NACE Store.