Travel Assistance Program
Formerly offered through the NACE Foundation, the AMPP EMERG Student Outreach Program will provide Travel Assistance in the amount of $25,000 to help fund student travel to the AMPP spring conference. Travel Assistance awards are equally distributed, with a maximum of $300 (USD) allocated per applicant. Students will be notified of travel awards in mid-February.
In order to be eligible to receive Travel Assistance, students must be in attendance at the conference for a minimum of two nights / three days. Assistance is made available to support the following students:
- AMPP EMERG Student Outreach Program Scholarship Recipients*
- Presenters in the Student Poster Session*
- Presenters of a paper in the Technical Program*
*Note: Students who meet more than one criteria are only eligible to receive one travel award.
Travel Assistance Information for:
Students who meet at least one of the eligibility requirements outlined below are eligible to submit at an application for Travel Assistance. Students who meet more than one criteria are only eligible to receive one travel award.
- Students participating in the Student Poster Session must be listed as both the Primary Author and the Presenter, on the original paperwork submitted to AMPP, in order to be eligible.
- Contributing authors are not eligible to apply for Travel Assistance. However, a contributing author that is confirmed to present on the primary author’s behalf may be eligible to receive Travel Assistance in the event the poster’s primary author is unable to attend the conference. Substitutions will be made at the discretion of the AMPP EMERG Student Outreach Program staff.
- Only one (1) Travel Assistance award will be granted per poster and per student.
- Students are required to be in attendance at the conference for at least 2 nights / 3 days (Monday–Wednesday), and must participate in ALL mandatory activities related to the Student Poster Session. If these requirements are not met, the student may forfeit his or her Travel Assistance award.
- Full time students presenting in any of the following technical programs are eligible to receive Travel Assistance: Technical Symposia, Research in Progress (RIP), or Research Topical Symposia (RTS). Presentations in technical committee meetings (TIE, STG, TEG, TG, Forums, etc.) are not eligible.
- Students must be named Presenters on the original paperwork submitted to AMPP but are not required to be the Primary author.
- Only one (1) Travel Assistance award will be granted per presentation and per student.
Applying for Travel Assistance
Travel Assistance Application Deadline: February 1, 2023
How to Apply Online
- Click Here to access Travel Assistance application page.
- Sign Up to create a username and password on the AcademicWorks application platform.
- Complete the General Application, and select program option for Travel Assistance.
- Complete the Travel Assistance Application
- Click “Submit” to send your application. If necessary, you may “edit” your application at any time until the deadline.
Redeeming Your Travel Assistance
- Travel Assistance certificates will be available for pick-up at the conference on Monday, March 20, 2023 during the Student Poster Session orientation breakfast (for SPS participants ONLY) or during the Student Meeting. If you are unable to attend either meeting, certificates can be picked up at Registration on Wednesday, March 22, 2023.
- Certificates must be redeemed at the conference Registration desk on Wednesday, March 23, 2023 during the AMPP 2023 conference and expo. A valid photo ID is required. Specific times for redemption will be indicated on the certificate.