The NACE Foundation’s Scholarship Program was established to promote the study of corrosion science and engineering, as well as to recognize academic excellence and aid deserving students who demonstrate a drive to succeed and become contributing members of the corrosion industry.
The application process is open annually from September 1 through January 1 and the NACE Foundation offers several scholarships, funded by contributions from individual members, NACE Sections and Areas, corporations and other non-profit entities, to students who meet the criteria established by the scholarship donors. Each scholarship has its own specific set of eligibility requirements, and is reviewed by a separate Selection Committee.
If you are interested in applying for a scholarship through the NACE Foundation, please review the general scholarship guidelines below, in addition to any eligibility requirements for that specific scholarship, before submitting your application. Consideration will be afforded to all eligible candidates who apply, provided the candidate submits a completed application with all necessary documen-tation prior to the submission deadline.
Good luck to all of our applicants!
Scholarship enrollment is currently closed. We would like to congratulate our 2013 scholarship recipients.
The NACE Foundation will begin accepting applications for 2014 scholarships on September 1, 2013.
• NACE Foundation Academic Scholarship (undergraduate only)
• NACE Foundation Book Scholarship (graduate only)
• NACE Eastern Area Scholarship (undergraduate only)
• NACE Past Presidents Scholarship (undergraduate only)
• NACE Philadelphia Section Liberty Bell Academic Scholarship
• NACE Sandia Mountain Section Scholarship (undergraduate only)
• Melvin J. Schiff Fellowship Fund
• Hans Schmoldt Scholarship in Cathodic Protection
• Mark Miller Memorial Scholarship (undergraduate only)
• LATINCORR Academic Scholarship
• Gordon Rankin Corrosion Engineering Scholarship
• Theodore D. Harrington Scholarship
• MTI Bert Krisher Memorial Scholarship
• NACE Detroit Section Academic Scholarship
• NACE Southern Florida Section Scholarship (undergraduate only)
AVAILABLE SCHOLARSHIPS FOR STUDENTS PURSUING
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN CORROSION AT UNIVERSITY OF AKRON:
• Carboline - NACE Foundation Scholarship
• Mears Group - NACE Foundation Scholarship
• BP - NACE Foundation Scholarship
AVAILABLE SCHOLARSHIPS FOR STUDENTS PURSUING
CORROSION EDUCATION AT CURTIN UNIVERSITY:
Mears Group Inc. and NACE International Foundation Engineering Scholarship
AVAILABLE TRAVEL ASSISTANCE FOR 2013:
• NACE Foundation Travel Assistance
• NACE Los Angeles Section Travel Assistance
• NACE Southern Florida Section Travel Assistance
GENERAL SCHOLARSHIP GUIDELINES
Please be sure to review the guidelines below, along with any additional requirements on the individual
scholarship page(s), before submitting an application.
• Scholarships awarded through the NACE Foundation will be presented to recipients at the
NACE Annual Conference each year in March. Recipients are encouraged to attend the conference to be recognized.
• NACE Foundation scholarship recipients are eligible to apply for Travel Assistance to subsidize
their travel to the annual conference to receive their award in person.
• Applicants must be currently enrolled full-time in a college/university. Students enrolled in
2-year or junior colleges are eligible to apply.
• Applicants may apply for as many scholarships as they are eligible, however, a maximum
amount of $10,000 per student (excluding Travel Assistance) will be awarded in any given year.
• Once a candidate reaches the $10,000 maximum, that candidate’s remaining application(s), if
any, will not be considered by subsequent Selection Committees. If the candidate applies for
and receives a single scholarship that exceeds the $10,000 maximum amount, that candidate
will be excluded from consideration for all subsequent scholarships.
• All scholarship monies are paid directly to the recipient’s college or university and are to be
used for educational expenses only. Expenses include, but not limited to: tuition, fees,
books, supplies, and equipment required for courses at the educational institution.
• Applications are to be completed by the students themselves, using official applications and
recommendation forms provided by the NACE Foundation.
• NACE academic scholarships are not intended to replace stipends or other financial
support provided to students for their education by industry, universities, or other organizations.
• Applicants must submit one complete copy of their application for each scholarship. This
includes all information which is to be considered by the Selection Committee (with the
exception of Recommendation Forms that are sent directly to the NACE Foundation).
• Previous applicants and recipients are eligible to reapply each year in open competition with
• Upon acceptance, all scholarship recipients must submit a color photograph of themselves
to the NACE Foundation, which will be used for publicity purposes.
• Relatives of members of the Selection Committee or NACE Foundation staff are ineligible to
• One alternate recipient may be selected for each scholarship by the NACE Foundation in
the event the chosen recipient becomes ineligible.
• The NACE Foundation reserves the right to not award any or all scholarships at all in any
• All applicants must reside and attend a college/university in a country which NACE International
and the NACE Foundation may legally support. Any countries sanctioned by the U.S.
Office of Foreign Assets Control (www.treas.gov/offices/enforcement/ofac/) or individuals included on the Specially Designated Nationals (SDN) or Blocked Persons lists are excluded from eligibility.
Deadline for submission is January 1. Submit completed application forms, along with all required documentation, to:
NACE Foundation Scholarship Program
1440 South Creek Drive
Houston, Texas 77084-4906 USA
Telephone: (281) 228-6205
Fax: (281) 228- 6305
** Application materials postmarked after the January 1 deadline will not be considered. The NACE Foundation reserves the right to extend any and all scholarship deadlines at their discretion.
ANNOUNCEMENT & ACCEPTANCE OF SCHOLARSHIP AWARDS
All applicants will be notified via e-mail no later than mid-February about the status of their applications. Applicants who are awarded a scholarship through the NACE Foundation must submit their written acceptance of the scholarship award and notify the NACE Foundation of their intent to attend the NACE annual conference as soon as possible after notification. NACE Foundation scholarship recipients are eligible to apply for Travel Assistance to supplement their travel to the annual conference to accept their award in person.
PAST SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS
2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007
NACE STUDENT MEMBERS & STUDENT SECTIONS
All applicants are encouraged to be NACE Student Members. Students not currently holding memberships may enclose a completed NACE Student Membership Application, with dues payment, along with their application.
See also: NACE Student Membership | NACE Student Sections
SUPPORT THE NACE FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
Show your commitment to the future workforce that will support our industry by supporting the NACE Foundation’s scholarship program. All donations made to the scholarship program are tax deductible in the United States (and Canada if made through the NACE Foundation of Canada) and are restricted for this specific program.
If you would like to make a donation to the NACE Foundation’s scholarship program or if you are interested in setting up a scholarship, please contact Heather Lowry at 281.228.6205 or email@example.com.